Saturday 1 December 2012

Doctor Manhattan


I would like to say I did this for the girls and the comic fans, but the truth is I simple just finished watching Watchmen, and figured what the hell, let see how I would go creating Doctor Manhattan.

Pretty simple characters considering he's nude most of the time, the junk on mine is less artistic than the movie or the comic.

The hard part was his skin, it looks a nice glowing blue here but before rendering it was more of a green.

His symbol on his forehead was added later in paint.net as I tried to use primitives but they wouldn't render for some reason.

Doctor Manhattan is owned and copyrighted by DC Comics.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one. Btw do you use poser or daz? -just curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly Daz. I've made some scenes in Poser 9, but I haven't done anything with them yet. I think Poser is a lot better for animating, but it doesn't handle complex scenes very well. Things like moving the camera around and posing the figures becomes a problem. Daz is more user friendly in general.

      Delete